We just got back from a week in beautiful Maui with my family, and it was just what we needed. Christmas morning brought a wonderful whale watching trip, and several good pictures (I did take the video camera and will YouTube that soon). The majority of the trip involved laying by the pool, relaxing, snorkeling off Black Rock and more relaxing. About 80 pictures are posted here.
Miscellaneous notes from the trip:
– There were far too many speedos for my liking.
– We saw Matthew Perry and Kevin Pollack lunching with a female friend at the Hard Rock Cafe in Maui on Christmas afternoon after the whale watching trip.
– Several PGA Tour Pros in town for the Mercedes Championship (Tom Lehman) staying at our hotel. I probably should have lead with that one so the Perry sighting would be more exciting….
– While Hawaii is beautiful, 8 hours of air travel BLOWS. But I did complete the American Airlines Platiunum Challenge so now I’ll be eligible for some upgrades as the LA trips pick-up Jan 13. I’m pretty sure that means something to somebody.
– The 4 hour time change isn’t that much of a pain to deal with until you leave Maui at 3:00 in the afternoon Friday, layover in LA for 2 hours then get back to Dallas at 6:00 am Saturday. The 30 degree temperature drop and landing in a storm don’t help, either.
– We’ve already hit Chipotle today for lunch. :)
I hope everyone had a Merry Holiday of your choice and best wishes for a safe and happy new year.